Sunday, March 19, 2006

Immigrant Readers Needed

And in a note of petulance, I must add that it is hugely ungratifying that while that fool Anthony Manduca, who does not even have O-Levels (I imagine), can gain the attention of 350,000 readers just by writing his cruddy pieces about Italian politics in The Times, I must settle for 16 daily readers as of mignight on Sunday. And half of those are confused Indians pressing the "Next Blog" button.
It all makes me think this whole blogging thing might just be for the vain or the obsessed. To think that an oblique reference to me in an Anthony Licari (God bless him) column constituted the last spike of visits to my site. Where are all these Maltese poseurs and pseudo-intellectuals when you need them to ramp up the value of your google ads? I can only suppose they are prancing around bare Valletta flats pretending to be gay, the wretched cretins that they are. Meanwhile, the Fgura Morlocks, close cousins of the Zabbar lumpen and the Bormla scruffs, are slowly taking over the intellectual space of Malta. When I say intellectual space, I do of course mean the ability to install chip motherboards and such; but you will not be affecting that pained smile when these nerds have hacked into the presidential mainframe. By the mercy of the Virgin Mary, these goons are not yet aware of the fact that they have the future of Malta within their sun-starved, aenemic grasp, but it is only a matter of time. And here I am with a mainly Indian readership.

1 comment:

Jacques René Zammit said...

obsessed? moi?